Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Observation

On sunday, February 20, I attended the stargaze at Pine View Scool. There I viewed the pleiades star cluster through binoculars. I also identified Orion and it's belt, along with Beteguese and Rigel. I could also see the horsehead nebula through a pair of binoculars. I  identified Sirius along with Canis Major, the contellation that it is located in. I could make out Lepus faintly below Orion, next to Canis major. I could also see Taurus, above orion, as well as Auriga and Gemini, high in the sky. Canopis could also be seen low in the horizon, shining brightly. I also viewed Jupiter and its moons through the telescope that Mr. Percival set up for us :) It was really fascinating because I could faintly make out the coloration of Jupiter and some of its swirling storms that cover its surface. It was also really cool to see the moons that I have learned about so clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment